Saturday, January 13, 2018

First Week of January: Expanding the Photographic Year List

I haven't been birding much, mainly due to the continuing wild weather and a mountain of homework. I only added one new species for my county year list, an American Robin in front of my building on January 3rd. The photographic list, on the other hand, has been increasing more rapidly. On January 6th, I added several new birds to the list, which were White-Throated Sparrow, Ring-Necked Duck, American Black Duck, Herring Gull, and Great Black-Backed Gull. The remaining ice helped a lot with getting these birds up close.
A chilly White-Throated Sparrow at the Reservoir


Ring-Necked Duck male (left) and female (right)
The next day, I was able to add two more species at the Reservoir, which were American Coot and Song Sparrow. 
American Coot



 My list now stands at 22 species photographed, just over half of the species on my county year list. I'm confident I will photograph many more by the month's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment