Saturday, February 24, 2018

February so Far: Not Much Going On

Not much has happened this month. I added just two species so far to my year list, which were Horned Grebe (rare) at the Reservoir on the 7th, and driveby Brant on the East River on the 21st. Oddly enough, I also had a driveby Horned Grebe at the same time I saw the Brant! Anyway, on the 18th, I went on a trip with the NYS Young Birders Club to Montauk Point at the very tip of Long Island. We has many great birds, the best being a lingering PINK-FOOTED GOOSE that allowed all to see it. A few birders also had a Little Gull, but I unfortunately wasn't able to get on it. I still added the following lifers to my list:

-Black, White-Winged, and Surf Scoters
-Boneparte's Gull (a lot)
-Iceland Gull

I also added Sanderling to my photographic year list. It was way too windy to photograph much else there.

No comments:

Post a Comment