Thursday, December 11, 2014

Throwback Thursday #1!!!

I am going to start a new segment called Throwback Thursday. It will feature trips and rare sightings I have had in the past.


I went to the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas in Mid-April. Despite being a resort, there were still some birds there. I saw several native species just by chance, such as Red-Legged Thrush, Loggerhead Kingbird, and Black-Faced Grassquit. White Crowned Pigeons were common and fed on the non-native date palms. Also common were Bannanaquits. Northern and Bahama Mockingbirds existed side by side. Quite a few warbler species were seen there, the most numerous being Cape May Warblers. I once saw a flock of Ruddy Turnstones taking advantage of fish scraps at one of the shark tanks. Also, I saw a spotted sandpiper foraging along the shore of the stingray exhibit. The most common bird was probably Eurasian Collared Dove. On the last day I was there, I saw a Peregrine Falcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment