Monday, January 5, 2015

First Birdwalk of 2015

Before we get to today's post, I would like to announce that all of my posts will now be up to date withi a few days. If I go birding multiple times in a day (Ex: morning birdwalk in Central Park and chasing a Virginia Rail in Bryant Park that afternoon), I will put each post on a seperate day, starting with the more prominent one (Couch's Kingbird > Ring-Necked Duck).

Anyway, here's the post about the birdwalk. When I went to Central Park on Sunday, we saw all the species I got on January 2nd, plus many more, totaling 34. Top birds were the 3 continuing Ring-Necked Ducks at the Reservoir, which weren't sleeping, as well as 2 wintering Hermit Thrushes, 2 Song Sparrows (one not seen by me), a Fox Sparrow, and a titmouse that at out of my hand. I'm not posting a list due to the year list containing every bird I saw yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment