Sunday, June 7, 2015

June Target List


In May I added 40 new species to my year list, bringing my total to 133 species. I saw 98 species in that month. I only need 2 birds to break my record of 135. And there is still nearly 7 months left. Maybe my new goal should be 150? I've been ahead of last year the whole year (except for Jan. 1 and neck and neck a brief period in April), so why not? Anyway, here is my target list for June. Nearly all of the possibilities have come through, so there's hardly anything to chase.

Possible
Yellow-Billed Cuckoo (first half migrants?)
Black-Billed Cuckoo (first half migrants?)
Laughing Gull (in the river)
Common Tern (in the bay)
Willow/Alder Flycatcher (first half migrants?)

Longshots
Any coastal birds that somehow made it inland

No comments:

Post a Comment