Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The October Wave is Moving In

Yesterday, I went to the park and stopped at the Reservoir to find out that the water level was finally raised so that the dike was covered. It also seemed like the gulls were more spread out. As I scanned the gulls, I saw a bird that was small and dark. A Laughing Gull! As I watched the bird, I kept seeing a brownish thing on the edge of my sight. I intiallly thought it was a leaf, but decided to look and realized it was my first Palm Warbler of the season! And I also found a second Laughing Gull! Year bird #144 is in the bag! Other than that, there were the usual birds, but more arrivals had come. At Maintenance Meadow, I found my first Eastern Phoebe of the fall, and at the Gill, I also found my first White-Throated Sparrow of the fall. I also saw a male Hooded Warbler at Azalea Pond, likely the same one that was here last Tuesday. Anyway, here is what I saw:

HOODED WARBLER
Black-Throated Blue Warbler
Northern Parula
American Redstart
Common Yellowthroat
PALM WARBLER
EASTERN PHOEBE
Swainson's Thrush
Veery
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (The Oven)
Brown Thrasher (Willow Rock)
WHITE-THROATED SPARROW
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
Gadwall
LAUGHING GULL

No comments:

Post a Comment