Friday, October 9, 2015

Kingfisher and Vesper

On Monday, I heard there was a Belted Kingfisher at Turtle Pond, which would be a new year bird for me. When I got over there, I saw a large blue bird flying dowm to the water. I put my binoculars on it, and it was definitely the kingfisher. The next day, I heard of a Vesper Sparrow seen by the woodchip path west of the Great Lawn. I went there, and found the sparrow after 15 minutes, before having to go because I had a tight schedule. On Thursday, I got better looks at the sparrow with several people. I also have seen White-Throated. Song, Field, Swamp, more White-Crowned Sparrows, and Dark-Eyed Juncos in the spot. So far I'm at 152 species for the year and 6 out of the last 7 birds have been lifers for the county. Can I make it to 160? I guess I'll find out in a little less than 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment