Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 11 of 2016: Ring-Necked Duck is Back!

This evening I started a quick sweep of the south side of the Reservoir starting at the southwest corner. When I got there, I found a big flock of waterfowl of various species. Looking through the diving ducks, I was surprised to find that one of them was the RING-NECKED DUCK that has been visiting the Reservoir since November (#43)! This bird has had next to no sightings this year, so I had mostly given up on trying to find it. Then again, I made sure to be aware of the possibility that it may still be around. I then went to try and find the ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER again, finding it just before I gave up the search. I've also noticed that every odd-numbered day so far this year, I have seen at least 1 new year bird. If this continues, then that means I will see something new on the 13th! Fox Sparrow anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment