Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 9 of 2016: ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER!

On Thursday, I went to try and find an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER in Central Park by the MET museum. This bird was originally found on the Christmas Bird Count and seen by me on the same day. It stuck around into this year. I tried for it the day before and couldn't find it. When I got there this day, I looked in a large patch of bushes where it had been seen. It took about 10 minutes, but I got a brief look at the bird (#41) in the bushes. I later got a second look, just as quick. By that point it got too dark, so I had to call it a day. Today I looked for it again, getting longer and much better views of this bird with several other people. I also saw a Cooper's Hawk there (#42). I then searched for a Black-and-White Warbler that had been seen in Shakespeare Garden. I couldn't find it, but I did find a late RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET as a consolation prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment