Saturday, November 29, 2014

Fall is over

Yesterday I did a quick sweep of the Ramble and Reservoir. There was mostly just usual birds settling in for winter, such as titmice, nuthatches, and goldfinches. I also found a single Song Sparrow at the feeders. When I do a sweep of the rest of the "fenced-in triangle", I often find at least 1 Song or Fox Sparrow. The only other notable bird seen was a quick glimpse of a Field Sparrow. This one is pretty late in the season, since the only migrants left that are being seen regularly are small numbers of kinglets and Pine Siskins. At the south end of the Reservoir I only saw some very distant gulls and Ruddy Ducks on the other side, as well as several Mallards, 2 American Coots, and a male Bufflehead near the southern pumphouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment