Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gray-Cheeked or Not

On Sunday I made a quick pass at Central Park to see if anything was there. Once again, there were Purple Finches at the feeders, 3 this time. A few birders told me that they had a Gray-Cheeked Thrush not far away a few minutes ago. I followed their directions and came across a Hairy Woodpecker. Just up the path I saw a thrush. It looked good for Gray-Cheeked and was very tolerant of me as it foraged in a bush. I then realized that it also looked alot like a Hermit Thrush, and I still have no clue which one it is. After that, I went to the Upper Lobe, where I found a Red-Tailed Hawk at eye level eating a rat. I also saw a Winter Wren there.

Species:19

Canada Goose
Mallard
Red-Tailed Hawk
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Red-Bellied Woodpecker (heard)
Hairy Woodpecker
Blue Jay
Black-Capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-Breasted Nuthatch
Winter Wren
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet
Hermit Thrush
European Starling
White-Throated Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
PURPLE FINCH
House Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment