Thursday, February 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday #7: Friends in Connecticut

The reason this is a Throwback is because I haven't been there in a while.

My parents have some friends that live in Western Connecticut. I have seen quite a few species there. Each summer, they have several Eastern Phoebes that live on their property. It is just perfect habitat, an open, sloped clearing with several small trees (6-12 feet) at one end. They have also had a pair of Red-Tailed Hawks that have nested in their backyard for at least a few years. Some other species I've seen there include Wild Turkey, Wood Duck, Great Blue Heron, and a few more. There are also common birds that winter there too (their neighbor/relative has feeders) such as Song Sparrow, titmice, nuthathes, chickadees, and cardinals. It is really cool to just wander about. I haven't been there during migration (too busy in Central Park?) so I don't know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment