Sunday, March 1, 2015

First March Birds

On today's birdwalk that I went on, we started at the feeders with the only interesting birds being 2 Fox Sparrows. Then we went to the Oven, where we saw 2 Brown Thrashers together, along with a Carolina Wren. Next, we went to Shakespeare Garden, where we saw another Carolina Wren. After that we went to the birdless Pinetum, and then we went back to the feeders. There, we spotted the elusive Common Redpoll, along with the Chipping and American Tree Sparrow. I also found that one male cardinal there would eat out of my hand! Interestingly, it would flap its wings while grabbing a nut and even while perched. I also hand fed my first chickadee today. I also got frostbite on my right hand from holding it out too long in the snow and cold. No new species for the year, but today was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment