Monday, December 19, 2016

Palm Beach Day 2

This morning was amazing. After I added Double-Crested Cormorant (probably saw earlier), I added Yellow-Throated Warbler and Tricolored Heron (lifer!). I then noticed 3 large shapes across the water.  They turned out to be a trio of Sanhill Cranrs (lifer!)! Then I spot a strange bird that reminded me of a Black Skimmer, but they don't occur inland. This was actually a Caspian Tern (lifer) a species not on my radar. It made a few passes over the lakes before departing. I then go to lunch, add some Fish Crows, and notice a pond with some fountains in it. At this pond, I added many American Coots, Anhinga (lifer), several Ring-Necked Ducks, a few Pied-Billed Grebes, and some Monk Parakeets. Back at the community that evening, I added a Limpkin and a Prarie Warbler in the flock of Yellow-Rumped and Palm Warblers. My list stands at about 40 species now, and I'm hoping to reach 50 very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment