Friday, April 29, 2016

Nashville in the Orchard

Wednesday was a good day, with two more additions to my year list. The first was a Nashville Warbler seen in the same tree as a Blue-Winged in the Upper Lobe. The second came a bit later. All day, Orchard and Baltimore Oriole, the latter of which I had seen, had been reported, and Maintenance was said to be the best spot for them. So I went there and it didn't take long to find a male Orchard Oriole (my second addition) high in a tree. On the other hand, I missed a Blackburnian Warbler at Evodia Field by just a few minutes. Anyway, also seen was a brief Yellow-Throated Vireo at the Upper Lobe, good views of a Worm-Eating Warbler near Bow Bridge, a Green Heron at the Oven, a Field Sparrow at Tupelo Meadow, and the continuing Belted Kingfisher at Turtle Pond. 11 warbler species and lots of other stuff made this day a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment