Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Quick Sweep of the Ramble

Today I went on a quick sweep (30 minutes) through the Ramble. As I entered Maintenance Meadow, I saw a Baltimore Oriole singing, hopefully being a good sign. Not far in, I encountered my first Common Yellowthroat of the year! At the Gill, I found an Ovenbird feeding. Then I went to the point. There were lots of warblers there, mainly Yellow-Rumps, but there were at least a few Black-and-White Warblers and Common Yellowthroats. There was also a Northern Waterthrush. Just as I was about to leave, someone spotted a Canada Warbler. My first of the season! 2 new year birds today, which were the Yellowthroat and the Canada Warbler. I also went to the park Monday evening, but the best bird I saw there was a Savannah Sparrow, along with a heard only Blue-Winged Warbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment