Wednesday, April 22, 2015

80 Species Mark Reached!

Yesterday I finally could add Brant to my year list. I spotted some waterfowl near the Roosevelt Island shore from the hospital, and when I put my binoculars on them, it was clear they were Brant. I'm nearly certain that I have seen Brant already, but now I am sure I have. I then went to Cal Schwartz Park late in the afternoon to see what was there. After a bit, I thought to myself "There's nothing here,". And that's when the towhee showed up. Followed by a Hermit Thrush. And then 2 Fish Crows flew overhead calling. I wasn't anticipating this bird, mainly because it prefers coastal habitats and is usually seen flying over elsewhere. After these birds, nothing else new showed up. Brant and Fish Crow raise my year list to 80(+1).

Species seen/heard on 4/22
Brant
Gull sp.
Red-Tailed Hawk
Rock Dove
Mourning Dove
Red-Bellied Woodpecker (heard)
Fish Crow
American Crow (heard)
American Robin
Hermit Thrush
Tufted Titmouse (heard)
Eastern Towhee
White-Throated Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
House Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment